Advantages of Severstroymaterialy Group (SSM) equipment
Almost all mobile installations for the production of foam concrete at the moment at the majority of manufacturers consist of similar elements: mixer, drive, foam generator, discharge system.
Most CCM mixers are made to work with low pressure, which is needed to unload the foam concrete from the tank. This technical solution is very popular in the industry and widely used by most manufacturers. It allows unloading foam concrete into molds or formwork without using gerotor or peristaltic pumps. In this connection all CCM mixers are made with a pressure compensation chamber which prevents the cement milk from squeezing out of the mixer into the gland assembly and other seals. The chamber is made of an all-metal cage, convenient for maintenance and has a high index of reliability.
The design of the lock, allows you to hermetically close the mixer with one movement. In the process, it greatly affects the convenience of work and saves time on such a simple task.
Mixer drive for foamed concrete
The mixer drive is designed so that if an abnormal situation arises (stones, lumps, foreign objects in the mixer, frozen mixture residue, etc.) a simple but reliable three levels of motor and gearbox protection are triggered:
- First level: belt drive. If the shaft jams, the machine drive will gently stop as the belts on the pulleys begin to slip. This will protect the electric motor and gearbox elements from serious stress. If such a situation occurs, the mixer should be shut down and the cause of the stoppage eliminated.
- The second level: the bushing-and-bolt coupling. This assembly connects the gearbox shaft and the shaft of the mixer itself. The clutch design has special steel fingers and dampers, which compensate for the short-term loads encountered during the mixing of cement-sand mortar (all those stones, lumps, loads during the production of "heavy" foam concrete D1000-D1200 and other). As well as in the case of jamming the shaft softens a sudden stop of the drive.
- The third level: if for some reason the mixer is not stopped, the electronics will stop the motor in a short time after the onset of critical loads (the response of electronics - adjustable).
This level of product protection, today, is not invested by every manufacturer. These technical solutions have been developed and tested for more than one year.
Mixers for foam concrete, depending on the volume, are made of metal with a thickness of 6, 8 and 10 mm. This wall thickness allows the mixer to stay in the right shape, to withstand high pressure (if there is suddenly a mistake of the operator), and to serve for a long time. Also the shaft of the mixer is made of a solid circle of wear-resistant steel 40X D56, D65 or D70, which are made on the lathes of the production.
The described units of the machines, taking into account their margin of safety, can serve a huge number of years, if not to say forever.
It is highly recommended to choose equipment in which mixing is performed by paddles. As this is a more versatile solution that allows you to produce a wide range of grades of foam concrete. By carrying out various experiments it has been experimentally fixed that the best mixing device which can lift the settling sand from the bottom of the mixer are the paddles. CCM mixers have two rows of paddles, mixing the mortar in both directions. Mixers with an auger are recommended if the equipment is intended to produce only lightweight foam concrete, grades D150-D500.
Upon individual order, we are ready to execute a mixer with an auger.
The standard equipment of the mini-foamer includes a new generation of foam generator, which has high performance and reliability. Thanks to the foaming units and foam calibration unit the foam is created with homogeneous closed bubbles of 0.1-0.3 mm. Foam generators of the new generation differ from the older versions by the presence of a special pump and foaming system. To produce foam, the suction hose of the foam generator pump is enough to dip into a container with diluted foaming agent and press the "Start" button. The pump works monotonically, with the same uniform pressure of the foam concentrate dispensing into the foam chamber. This approach ensures consistent quality and weight of the foam, unlike previous versions, where the foaming agent had to be poured into a special cylinder, from where the air pressed everything into the foaming chamber. Since as the liquid in the cylinder decreased, more and more air was compressed, and the degree of compression of the liquid and air are absolutely different, hence the floating pressure in the lines and as a consequence the uneven weight of the foam appeared.
Foam generator in the design has replaceable filters, which protect the foaming chamber and other elements from clogging. The system is fully maintainable and removable, does not require any spare parts for preventive maintenance. Foam generator elements do not oxidize and do not corrode, which gives the device a high reliability index.
Foam concrete unloading
No additional equipment is required for foam concrete production and unloading. The mixture is discharged by feeding a low pressure (0.4-0.6 bar) into the mixer and directed flow created by the blades in the process of mixing foam concrete components. Feeding distance, depending on the mini-mixer series and the density of the produced foam concrete is from 25 to 40 meters horizontally, and from 8 to 12 vertically. If you need to feed the mixture over long distances, the company can equip any mini-mill with gerotor or peristaltic (hose) pump.
Why is our equipment the best in the segment?
- We do not use worm gearmotors. This is due to the fact that such geared motors and reducers have one feature that cannot be neglected in the production of construction equipment. The input shaft of the worm gear is made of hard steel, and the gear of the output shaft is made of softer bronze alloy. It is recommended to use these assemblies at even loads. Mixers for foamed concrete, polysterene concrete and other cellular concrete work in medium and heavy conditions and with uneven loads (the presence of stones in the sand, large inclusions and lumps, overloading) leads to accelerated wear of the gear.
- Do not use a pipe for the shaft. Certain manufacturers, in order to reduce the cost of their equipment, resort to using a pipe as the shaft to which the blades or auger are mounted. Welding only small sections of the shaft on both ends of the tube to install bearings, drives, and so on. The shaft of any mixer manufactured by Severnstroymaterialy is made of D56 or D65 full-metal round, wear-resistant steel 40Kh (SSM-200, SSM-250, SSM-500, SSM-1000, SSM-1500).
- Powerful foam generator. Just as in point 2, some manufacturers offer built-in foam generators of low power, which is less efficient pump, simpler foam generation system, shorter version of the foam generating shaft, budget shutoff and control valves. In this regard, in the process of selecting equipment Buyer believes that he takes the full set, but with a better price. At the stage of selecting the Supplier of equipment the lower price is always fixed by the Buyer. However, it often happens that the built-in foam generator of some manufacturers fills the mixer with foam for too long, with low-quality foam (non-uniform bubbles, etc.), and as a consequence the buyer will be forced to buy a separate foam generator, which most likely was offered to him by the supplier for some money earlier. Otherwise the performance of the equipment will be much lower than expected. All CCM mini-mills are equipped with foam generators, which allow working with the best performance. Mixers for 200, 250 liters of foam fill less than one minute, mixers 500 and 1000 liters of foam fill from 1,5 to 3 minutes, depending on the brand of manufactured foam concrete.
- Pressure compensation chamber. Most foam concrete equipment manufacturers that use low-pressure mixture unloading do not protect the gland assemblies from the excess pressure that is created inside the mixer. This leads to rapid failure of glands and other seals. SSM mini-mills of any series are always made with pressure compensation chambers, allowing the plant to operate for a long period of time without stopping production for maintenance.
- Reliable mixer body. SSM-200, SSM-250 mini plants are made of a strong tube with a wall thickness of 8 mm, and SSM-500, SSM-1000 and SSM-1500 are made of tubes with a thickness of 10 and 12 mm. This indicator guarantees a solid mixer construction, no barrel defect even after 5-7 years or more of operation.